Although automatic gates are much safer than they were years ago, they are still large pieces of machinery that require safety measures to operate especially when children are around. Here are some important things to remember when it comes to automatic gate safety.
- When the gate is in operation, stand clear. Do not attempt to squeeze through while the gate is closing. Stay clear until the gate has stopped moving.
- Before you purchase your gate, check to see if it has a listing mark. It should comply with the UL 235 Standard for safety. OC Gates knows and complies with all safety regulations. Feel free to ask any questions regarding safety.
- It is highly recommended to not reach through the gate while in operation. Also, never reach through the gate to operate the controls.
- Never touch the gate while operating the controls. Place the controls at least 10 feet away from the gate. If you controls are closer than they need to be, OC Gates can move them to a safer distance for you.
- Always keep an eye on your children when near the automatic gate. It is also important to explain to children how to be safe around the gate not touch the gate controls.
- Make sure your automatic gate has a built-in reversal system. This feature senses an object or person during movement and the reverses its path. The feature should work no matter which direction the gate is going.
- Your automatic gate rollers should have guards or covers to protect hands and feet that may get caught. If your gate does not have protective covers, call OC Gates for information on installing them.
OC Gates is the leader in electronic gate repair, installation and replacement in Orange County. We are serious about the safety of our products and will do everything we can to ensure you and your family have peace of mind when using your electronic gate. Call OC Gates today at 888-325-7040.