Driveway Gate Openers & Features
One of the main reasons homeowners chose to install a driveway gate opener is for the convenience, and security. Having a garage door usually makes individuals feel a little safer. An automatic gate typically comes with a keypad and an opener. Each opener comes with a certain box that is installed near the garage or gate it is synced up to. The keypad typically is programmed with a four digit code which allows you to open the door from it. Most come with two gate (or garage) remotes that open it, adding to the convenience of the gate, or garage.
Installing an automatic gate and opener also increases the value of your home. Here are a few of its features below:
- Easy sliding or swing motion gate all at the touch of your remote button or keypad entry
- Automatic driveway gates feature anti-crushing and infra-red beam protectors. They are built with sensors that prevent the door from closing on a person or item that might be under the door when it is closing.
- Most automatic garage door or gate door openers feature setting that allow you to only open the gate part-way if someone needs to slip in or out real quick!
- There is typically a button near the door in the garage that leads to your house where you can simply touch that to open it if the driver outside forgot his or her remote and doesn’t want to get out to enter the code on the keypad.
- Many automated driveway gate operators come with backup batteries, and some even have solar panels. This means that if there is a power failure, your driveway gate will still be able to function normally.
Call OG Gates today for all your gate repair or gate installation needs!