6 Things to Consider When Choosing an Automatic Gate
Thinking of having a new driveway gate installed to your home or business property? Here are a few things to consider when choosing the right gate option for your property.
- The size of the opening: Knowing what size gate you want and need is crucial in deciding what type of gate is ideal for your home or business. Typically, the wider the gate opening, the more the gate will cost.
- Knowing how much space you have available: You must be aware of how much space you have on all sides of the gate. If you are getting a gate on a large, rural site with tons of space, then you can pretty much use any gate. However, if you are getting an automatic gate for your home, then you are probably limited on space and will want to figure out just how much space you have and what type of gate is appropriate.
- The weight of the gate: The weight of the gate will determine the type of gate operating system you need. Gates that are about the same size will weigh differently depending on what they are made of, such as steel, aluminum or wood.
- Speed when it opens and closes: Gates that open too slow can delay traffic flow and cause frustration. If you have a large corporation, we recommend getting a fast-opening gate.
- Know how many times it will be used: This is helpful, because you want to be able to choose a gate that can withstand being opened and closed all day long if need be. If you just need a gate for your residence that won’t be used but maybe a few times a day, then any gate should be fine. But, if you need a gate for a business where people come in and out constantly, then you will want to make sure the gate you get is equipped to handle that.
- Consider the location: If you are installing a gate in a residential area where kids might be playing or running in the street, you should follow the best safety practices to make sure there is not risk of injury. This could mean buying the gate that features safety cautious features.
Contact our Orange County gate experts today for a free quote on new gate installation & driveway gate repair services.